Lesson adapted from Premier Youth and Children’s Work
What would be the first activity you will do once this Lockdown is over?
Imagine you are throwing a party for the end of this Pandemic, what kind of celebrations are you going to have.
Craft idea: Decorate banners for your END OF COVID party.
When Jesus entered Jerusalem it was a bit like a party too.
Read Mark 11:1-11
Ages 3 – 5
- How might the two disciples have felt about fetching the donkey?
- Why did Jesus use a donkey?
- Jesus values the ordinary things and people. What does that say about how he thinks about us?
Ages 6 – 10
- What is your favourite part of the story?
- Why do you think the people were excited to see Jesus?
- What would you shout if you saw Jesus today?
- What makes you excited about Jesus?
Ages 11 – 13
- What do you make of the whole donkey episode? What’s its significance?
- (See Zechariah 9:9.) Why do you think the disciples get away with taking the donkey?
- Why do people throw their cloaks and branches down?
- How would you describe the attitudes of the different people watching the scene (the crowd, the disciples, the Pharisees)?
Get the children to draw a large palm tree leaf on a piece of paper. Get them to fill the leaves with verses from the passage or things they would say to Jesus if they were there. Use various art materials to decorate the leaf.
Get the children to close their eyes and think about what they will say to Jesus if he was riding through their town. This is their time to tell Jesus how they feel and what is on their heart.
Send pictures or videos of the work you produce in today’s lesson to Pastor Dele’s email so it can be featured in the next online service. Parents can also share in the ‘CBC Ministry’ Whatsapp group.