Duration: 26 minutes 45 Seconds
The recently released census (2011) indicates that the population of England and Wales is 56.1 million. More interestingly, while 72% of the population in England and Wales identified themselves as Christians in 2001, the 2011 census showed that this had fallen dramatically to 59%.
1 Peter 3:15 (NASB) urges us to be ready to make a defense of our faith. Could you defend your insistence on the existence of God in this contemporary society? This talk presents three simple cases that a Christian can make in the light of this.
Download the MP3 to listen to locally. (Firefox: right click and select ‘save link as’)
1. Everything that exists has a beginning. The world exists so it has a beginning. God is the beginning (cosmological argument) John 1:1-5.
2. The world is designed to sustain us. We can look at the world and see God’s hand work (design argument) Psalm 19:1, Rom 1:20.
3. Because God exists
– Human beings have significance (meaning).
– There is a proper moral code to life (value).
– Your life has an ultimate purpose (purpose).
Without God, man and the universe are without any real significance.
For further reading on this crucial topic see
William Lane Craig
Defending your Faith with Reason and Precision